Thursday, March 08, 2007

baby picture, random deep thoughts, new shoes

(How do you like my Charlie Dodrill-esque blog title, eh?)

Sorry for taking so long to deliver the promised picture, but here is my beautiful little nephew:











His first week in the world has been kind of rough, but all things considered, he's doing pretty well. His blood sugar has been low, so he's had to endure IVs and a feeding tube, but he's now eating on his own pretty well, and he'll probably get to go home this weekend. Kudos to Brian and Sam. For being so young, they've been taking everything in stride, more or less, and I think they're going to be great parents. (Have I mentioned that I'm freaking proud of my baby brother?)

In other news, here's some random stuff:

  • Headaches suck.

  • Sometimes I have to learn the same lesson all over again, even after I think I've "arrived."

  • Other people have a lot more to teach me than I give them credit for.

  • Regardless of how many things demand my attention in a given day, regardless of the feelings of urgency they can spark in me, there are very few things that really (really) matter in the long term and in the big picture.

  • New shoes are awesome. Especially when you get a good deal on them. Free ones would be pretty sweet too, but I'll settle for a good deal (like when the online store accidentally gives you the shoes for free, but your wonderful work friends help you see the light and encourage you to do the right thing and pay for them. Sigh.). What's that proverb? Better to get a good deal on shoes and sleep peacefully than to steal them and have no rest? No, wait, I just made that up.

Okay, this is long enough. Now I have to go watch last week's Desperate Housewives that I missed and go to bed.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

In 20 years, you'll look back on this day and be so glad you made the right, honest decision. :)