Monday, November 28, 2005

A tree, a book, and an empty house

Wow, over a week--I need to get on the ball with this thing!

So Craig left for Florida yesterday and I already miss him a whole lot :( I'll survive, but it's hard not to be sad. I know I won't have a problem keeping busy...keeping occupied is one way to keep myself from thinking and being sad, but it's also a good way to burn myself out. So, let's try not to revert back to my "old ways" of stuffing my life so full of activity that I don't ever rest and get any down time. These two weeks of temporary singleness will be over before I know it.

Last night Adrienne came over and helped me put up the tree and decorate the house. The downstairs is all lit and festive (I wanted to post a picture of it, but our camera battery is finally officially dead, and the charger is still at the house in Traverse City. Bummer!). This is Mika's first Christmas tree, and she's been very curious and exploratory. Let's hope it stays standing...

Ooh ooh, I have a new book to recommend: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Excellent so far! I was wary of reading it, because everyone talked about it like it was so disturbing and creepy, but that's a bunch of baloney. Yeah, it's about a girl who gets murdered, but it's not as dark and depressing as everyone made it sound. We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult were both 10x more depressing/disturbing, so if you have a morbid fascination with those kinds of books, read them! Good books, but dark.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I read Lovely Bones... dark, but not really depressing. I liked it.

I hope you're doing okay at bach-ing! Call if you get lonely!