Thursday, January 19, 2006

Okay, 50 more (Shannon made me)

Since Shannon called me a wuss for having a short list, here goes.

50 More Random Things About Me

(I have to start over at 1 because this stupid thing won't autoformat if I start at 51.)

  1. I can raise my left eyebrow by itself. (But I can't raise my right one.)
  2. I can bend my left thumb backward at a right angle. I'm not sure if this officially qualifies as a double joint, but that's what I told people when I was younger.
  3. When I was a kid, I couldn't drink diet pop because NutraSweet gave me migraines.
  4. I used to have a one-eyed cat named T.J. (But it wasn't short for anything)
  5. I don't have any full siblings, but I have three half-brothers and a half-sister. Two of the brothers I grew up with, the sister came when I was in college, and the other brother I used to see sporadically but lost touch with over the years.
  6. My mom walked me down the aisle.
  7. I thrive on habit and routine.
  8. Our cat Obie was named after a radio DJ.
  9. None of my mom's kids have names with more than 5 letters. She said she felt bad for the "Jennifer"s and "Christopher"s who had a harder time in kindergarten learning to write their names. She wanted to make it easier on us.
  10. I love coffee, and I'm very picky about it.
  11. I drink it quickly, because once it starts to get cold I can't stand it.
  12. I have to drink it with cream and sugar. Not milk, but cream. It doesn't matter whether the cream is powdered or liquid, just as long as it's not milk.
  13. I don't like it when they give me an unsolicited "refill" at restaurants, because it screws up my cream:sugar:coffee ratio.
  14. I bring my own coffee to work, even though it's available there (free!), because I hate Maxwell House.
  15. I keep powdered creamer in my drawer at work. This is because our office only has refrigerated half-and-half packages, and on the rare occassion that I should get a cup of work coffee, the cold creamer cools off the coffee too fast. I used to try to warm the creamer package under hot running water, but the powdered creamer is more efficient. (The sealed packages of half-and-half don't even require refrigeration, so this whole thing seems ridiculously unnecessary to me, but I do what I have to do.)
  16. At work, I drink my coffee in an extra-small mug. This is so I can finish it before it gets cold. (The closest microwave is down 2 floors and around the corner.)
  17. My favorite drink is water. (For real! Libby makes fun of me, but I've come to terms with it.)
  18. If I could set my own dress code, I would wear jeans, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes to work every day.
  19. I only wear heels when I absolutely have to. Pantyhose, even less frequently.
  20. Dress clothes in general get in my nerves. Dressing for work is the very last thing I do before I leave in the morning, and changing my clothes is the first thing I do when I get home in the evening.
  21. I don't like beer. I've tried to like it, but I'm not there yet.
  22. One of my favorite snacks is a toasted English muffin with a slice of colby cheese. I ate it so much in college, Craig gave it a name: The Snack.
  23. In my marriage, I'm the checkbook-balancer and Craig is the bill-payer. We both like it this way.
  24. When I'm alone in the car, sometimes I like to sing really loud and pretend I'm at a karaoke bar.
  25. I've only done actual karaoke three times.
  26. Only one of those times was in a bar.
  27. I love reality TV. Craig hates most of it, however, so I don't watch it much. (Not that I can't, but when he's home I'd usually rather spend time with him doing something we both enjoy.) We do, however, watch American Idol together.
  28. Although I'm still a grammar nerd, I feel like my grammar intuition has gone dull since working for McGraw-Hill. (Isn't that ironic? Maybe it's just been since I started the TWE.)
  29. When I was younger (5th-6th grade-ish), I took modeling classes.
  30. I lived with my aunt and uncle in Michigan for a few months in the middle of 5th grade.
  31. I had a spiral perm in 1990.
  32. I went "stag" to my junior prom.
  33. I got glasses in 3rd grade.
  34. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 19, during the summer after my sophomore year in college.
  35. My first driver's license was a Michigan license.
  36. I had a paper route when I was in junior high.
  37. When we were kids, we had a Fisher Price blue plastic elephant slide in our backyard.
  38. We used to tip it upside-down and pretend it was a spaceship.
  39. My Aunt Diane and I have birthdays that are three days apart. We used to have combined birthday parties when I was little.
  40. I became a Christian when I was 14, during the summer after my freshman year in high school.
  41. My whole life changed that summer.
  42. I used to be a groupie for an old Christian band called The Waiting.
  43. I met a lot of friends through that band, including one who ended up being our wedding photographer.
  44. I think Microsoft Word's auto-correct has dumbed-down my spelling intuition.
  45. When I was in high school, my little brother (who was 10 or 11 at the time) were in a play together at my school. We played brother and sister.
  46. I was a 6th grade camp counselor three different times.
  47. When I was student teaching, I quit in the middle because it was too hard.
  48. I still wonder what might have happened if I would have stuck it out.
  49. I wonder how many grammatical errors I've made in this post.
  50. This time, it took me less than an hour to think of 50 things.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Good job! I'd work on number 49 for you, but I already feel like my eyeballs are going to fall out from so much proofreading. :)

Anonymous said...

erin, great job, this is so much fun. yes, you have a very special demand from coffee. : )