Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dena Dena bo-bena, ocarina ballerina...

My friend Dena finally got a blog. We don't keep in touch as much as we used to, but I still feel like she's a kindred spirit. These Alanis lyrics remind me of our friendship:

you and i we're like four year olds
we want to know why and how come about everything
we want to reveal ourselves at will and speak out minds
and never talk small and be intuitive
and question mightily
and find god
my tortured beacon we need to find like-minded companions
(Alanis Morissette, "Joining You")

2 comments:

Jules said...

it's hard to believe she's just now getting into it, isn't it?

Dena G said...

I've MISSED you, Erin! I always think of you when I listen to Alanis. :-) It's good to have kindred spirits...and to know we're still "like-minded companions", even when the conversations are rare.