Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pet Peeves

(I tried to post this yesterday, but for some reason it didn’t work. Trying again.)

To quote Meredith Brooks: I hate the world today.

In celebration of this day, I’m going to share some of my extra-special pet peeves. Enjoy :)
  • People who come into a public restroom and take the stall right next to you, even though the rest of the bathroom is empty. This pet peeve gets bumped up a level when that person sits next to you and then goes #2.
  • People who change lanes without signaling.
  • Bumping into people while coming around a corner or opening a door. Not that it’s anyone’s fault, but it just annoys me.
  • Talking on the phone. When I was a teenager, I loved the sound of the phone ringing. Now it makes me want to smash something.
  • Mouth noises.
  • Dirty sinks.
  • Passive-aggressiveness.
  • Unclear expectations.
  • Mean people.
  • Slow drivers.
  • Slow computers.
  • When you’re standing in an extra long line at the store, and an additional register opens up, but the people who rush to the new line are the ones at the end of the extra long line, even though they’ve been waiting the shortest amount of time. That’s not fair.

That’s about it for now.

4 comments:

Doc said...

So I agree with bumping into people--around the corners. It is, however, avoidable using (smoke and) mirrors. What is one to do when trying to go around someone (whether it be at a corner or just in the hallway), and they won't give? Anyone no someone at MGH that won't move out of the way? I do...

Anonymous said...

thought you may be interested in the origin of Pet Peeves. http://www.word-detective.com/060704.html

Erin said...

Well, not all corners have mirrors. And I tend to ignore the ones that do. Actually, I tend to be fairly oblivious to my surroundings in general, which is probably why I'm always running into people (including you!).

Nope, I've never had a corner standoff, but I might have witnessed a few from my front-row-cube...could you be referring to the same person who refuses to budge from the end of the lunch table and make room for new people?

Josh said...

preach it girl.