Sunday, November 12, 2006

the Charlie concert

Well, my mind is still pretty fuzzy from last night's sleep-deprivation, but here goes... The concert last night was amazing. Some things that amazed me:

  • that this guy spent two years living in the mountains, filling his time with nothing but Jesus and feeding his body with nothing but wheat flour and water
  • that he also drove 6 hours in a 10-year-old Dodge Stratus ("Don't talk about my car that way!") to play a show in my friends' basement; oh yeah, and he did it with only one working headlight
  • that Jesus never gets tired of me
  • that, in spite of all my striving and sweating and straining to fix myself and do everything "right," the one thing Jesus really wants from me is my love
  • that it's possible to sit and have a conversation with the God of the universe
  • that all my life I've wanted to make my parents proud and never felt like I could...and then I met the perfect God of heaven, and somehow I make him happy; I don't get that, but it's sweet

There's more, but that's all for now. Oh, and here are some pictures (they posted out of order for some reason):


Charlie: "I feel like a girl!"












Singing at church before the teaching














Chris's dream come true: a jam session with Charlie














Jamming














Claire--the youngest fan in the room

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you said about pleasing your parents and making God happy... wow. I feel ya on that one.

I also love that Dresch is in your picture. It makes me happy with Crusty Crusaders are still in each others worlds. I wish I had some CC's in my world. (grin)

Erin said...

I still think of her as Dresch, too (calling her "Yund" feels wrong somehow).

And if it makes you feel better, we get to see each other, on average, once a year. Even though we go to the same church and Jeff teaches 5th grade at Xenos and I have friends who work for the school. It's pathetic. It's a big/small world.

I miss you, Calf!