Monday, November 20, 2006

tiring weekend, short work week, holiday ahead

This weekend was fun, yet exhausting. I slept for almost 11 hours Saturday night and still woke up extremely tired. Go bucks! *weakly waves rally towel in the air*

I feel desperately in need of some rest. Whatever that means. I often feel like I'm waiting for life to "slow down," but we all know that's kind of a joke. Does it ever slow down? I feel like life has been kicking my ass lately, however, and I am ready for that to stop. Can a sista get a break?

But there are only two more days of work left (technically, less than that. We all know McGraw will be kicking us out early on Wednesday), and then I'm free for 5 long, blissful, glorious days of Thanksgiving break. Some things I'm looking forward to:
  • Eating lots and lots of food at Craig's dad & stepmom's house on Thursday
  • Eating more food at Craig's mom and stepdad's house on Friday
  • Spending time with Craig's family (I heart them all)
  • Getting some crocheting done for baby nephew Noah (shh, remember Brian and Sam don't know yet)
  • Sleeping in on Friday while the crazy people go out in a sleep-deprived, psychotic shopping frenzy and see how many Elmos and PS3s they can rip from one another's hands. No thanks.
  • Seeing Mom and the sibs in Toledo
  • Seeing Derek and Dana (yay!)
  • Visiting El Zarape in BG (oh, chips and salsa, frijoles refritos, best margaritas in the world...here I come!)
  • Taking Monday off

Ah yes...the holidays are upon us...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin.... I think it would be the best ever if you played "I Will Survive" at your funeral. It would be so amazing for people to be able to have the memories of you and that song. I think it would be creepy if someone hadn't seen you perform it in the past...so maybe you need to video tape yourself and your peeps doing the song and then they could play that when people are walking in to the funeral... it would probably take away the awkward walking in to a really sad place... Good idea Erin... Good idea...

Anonymous said...

have a very Happy Thanksgiving! i'll be praying that you get Rest from God. hug.

Shannon said...

I'm excited to hear about the brother adventure!!