Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tenacious D

I was just thinking that I suppose I will update my blog, since none of you have anything new to read on yours, and it made me think of this Tenacious D skit on their CD...

"But who will lead us in the rebuilding process?" (pronounced "PRO-suss")
"It's got to be someone with the knowhow...and the elbow grease...to lead us to a new land.
No, not me and KG, we don't have the cognitive capacity to lead...
ALRIGHT, we'll do it!"

That's probably only funny to me, but that's okay. I'm used to being the only person who thinks something is funny. That reminds me of Jay Hawthorne. That dude was always laughing at stuff that no one else ever got....usually his own jokes. He'd have to stick his arm out after telling a joke so that people knew to laugh. I miss Jay. That's one unique guy.

Don't be afraid to laugh at your own jokes, even if you're the only one who thinks they're funny. It's okay to be the only person laughing. Sometimes, others will even catch on. (Not always, but sometimes.)

No comments: