Tuesday, June 13, 2006

random things

  • Just finished a week of vacation. Very relaxing. I was ready to go back to work today, though.

  • Tried to make it to Erik's memorial service, but started having transmission issues when we were about an hour away. Ended up spending 1-3 pm in a service garage in Richmond, IN. By the time the car was shifting again, the service was over and we just went home. I was disappointed.

  • Had our 3 yr anniversary last Wednesday. How these 3 years have flown by!

  • Watched some of the clips from the memorial service on the website today. It was, surprisingly, more inspiring and encouraging than sad. Sad, too, but less so. I think it's what Erik would have wanted. He lived his life for eternal things. It's fitting that his death would point toward that same horizon. It filled me with hope.

  • After 1 year, 7 months, and 25 days at my current job, I finally have a cubicle to myself. All of us newly undoubled people are saying the same thing--it's nice to have the space, but I'm going to miss Jen (of course, the others are going to miss their cubemates, not mine, but you get the point).

  • I'm feeling melancholy today. Just lots of profound thoughts going through my head, lots of deep things I feel like God is teaching me right now. I even had to bullet those in my journal because the thought of processing through each one in detail was exhausting. Why'd I have to be born a mel-head and a deep thinker? Do you ever just want to take a vacation from your own brain?

  • I recently discovered a new favorite ice cream: Breyer's Heath Bar something-or-other. Toffee-flavored ice cream with carmel swirls and chunks of Heath bar. Heaven in a 1/2 gallon. Yummmmmmm.

  • Also a recent discovery: I love wines made from concord grapes.

  • I'm almost finished with Lesley's curtains. I feel bad for taking so long. No more sewing project promises for awhile. I have a lot of catching up to do.

5 comments:

Amanda, Ian, Addison, Aiden, and Isaiah said...

Sorry to hear that you missed Erik's memorial. I know that was a huge disappointment. A cube all to yourself?! That's pretty lucky. I like Ronni, but I missed my own space so I totally understand. Concord wines are fabulous. And you're a deep thinker so that others (me) can be forced to think a little deeper. :)

Unknown said...

Concord wines are amazing!!!

Shannon said...

Welcome back. I've been missing your words.

Shannon said...

Welcome back. I've been missing your words.

Erin said...

Whoa, weird double-posting action. What the heck? Thanks for the kind words :)