Friday, September 01, 2006

Has it really been 3+ years already?

It hit me recently that the kids to whom I (student) taught 9th grade English are just now beginning their first semesters of college.

Has that much time really passed already? Three years and almost 4 months ago I graduated from college. Shortly after that I got married. Shortly after that we moved to Columbus and started a brand new leg of our life-journey.

A lot has changed since then. I have changed a lot since then.

I heard this song again today, and it made me smile and think of how different my perspective is now, compared to when I was in college.

The bolded lines are my favorites. Not that I'm a Shakespeare "expert," but I did study Shakespeare, and the things I studied and loved about language used to define me quite a bit more than they do now. Makes me smile. :)


After years of expensive education
A car full of books and anticipation
I'm an expert on Shakespeare and that's a hell of a lot
But the world don't need scholars as much as I thought...
(From "Twentysomething" by Jamie Cullum)

No comments: