Thursday, October 12, 2006

Feelin' Groovy

Okay, I need a distraction from work because I'm going crazy. I don't know what my problem is, but it is probably one or more of the following:
  1. I've gotten used to a certain amount of downtime, so now that it's being eaten up, the busyness will take some getting used to.
  2. I'm trying to learn a new job, while simultaneously retaining all the responsibilities associated with my current job, and it's hard to have my brain in two places at once.
  3. I'm eager to move on from managing the TWE, so small TWE-related annoyances feel bigger than they usually would. In general, I'm feeling "done" with TWE. It's kind of like staying in a relationship after your heart isn't in it anymore. Every day feels a little more like torture.
  4. People who don't know how to follow directions drive me crazy, and they seem plentiful on this project. In fact, it feels kind of like they're multiplying. Like rabbits. Little, blind, retarded, illiterate rabbits.

When I started typing this post, "Feelin' Groovy" came up on my iTunes. I found this amusing (since I'm feeling a little less than "groovy"), so I thought I'd post the lyrics.

(Sidenote: Although I think this song is about drugs, I am not condoning the use or distribution of any such drugs as a means of feeling groovy.)

The 59th St. Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
-Simon & Garfunkel

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the moment last
Just kickin’ down the cobblestones
Lookin’ for fun and feelin’ groovy
La da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy

Hello lamppost, whatcha knowin’?
I come to watch your flowers growin’
Ain’tcha got no rhymes for me?
Do do do do, feelin’ groovy
La da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy

I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you!
All is groovy...

Ba da da da da da da da da da
Ba da da da da da da da da da
Ba da da da da da da da da da

No comments: