Saturday, December 30, 2006

clean house

I LOVE the feeling of a clean house! All my chores are done, and now there's nothing for me to do but sit here and enjoy it. I don't know what it is--maybe it's my control-freakiness, but when the house is clean, I feel more relaxed, more put-together, more like all is right with the world.

I'm a dork.

Brian and Sam are coming today and we get to take them mattress shopping. I love getting to play the big-sister role and help them out. Sam's getting too pregnant to have to keep sleeping on the couch. I'm hoping they'll have time to grab dinner before they leave so we can spend some more time with them. It's weird how much less you see your siblings when you're grown up and live 2+ hours away...

Well, it's almost the new year. On the surface, 2006 doesn't feel like it was as significant for me as 2005 was. But I guess a lot has happened. It was the year of the cat's broken leg, the year of Polaris Bible Study's beginnings, the year of finishing my first TWE, the year of getting my own cubicle (for 6 months, at least, until I got podded, which hasn't turned out to be so bad after all), the year of new job opportunities, the year of reconnecting with my long-lost brother, and of course, it's been one hell of a year for Buckeye football. See ya, 2006. You've been a good year. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2007 will bring.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Science background? Probably not, but with court reporting I have to know a little bit about everything, or at least be able to know where to look to look it up. Probably wouldn't be a fit, though. I do type well if you find you ever need a typist...lol

Dena has tried and tried to get me to listen to Charlie's music, but I've never actually had time to just sit and listen. See, I need to be more like that, too! Have a blessed new year!

Anonymous said...

a clean home, is a peaceful home.

no more thinking, golly i should vaccuum this, or organize that, or dust this, or move that...it is rahter "ahhhhh, time to sit back and relax...wait, i should..." ha ha.

you are not a dork, sincerely your fellow desperate housewife