Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend in Review

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." - Benjamin Franklin

I didn't know that was attributed to Ben until I googled it. According to that sentiment, though, I'm certifiably insane. Can anyone else relate?

My weekend:
  • Lots of driving. I'm thankful the Honda has cruise control.
  • Lots of family. I love 'em, but man. Do you ever look at your parents and think "Am I seriously the genetic combination of those two? How did THAT happen?"
  • Fun (albeit brief) baby shower. Sam (sister-in-law, sort of. Someday, I hope?) is such a cute pregnant. I can't wait to meet baby Noah.
  • It was sooooo good to catch up with old friends at Janée and Dave's wedding. The roommate dance party, in itself, was worth the drive. (Beth, I think God told me that you need to move to Columbus. It might be your future husband's address or something. I'm not sure--our connection started to break up, so maybe I heard Him wrong, but I distinctly heard "Franklin County.")
  • Awesome Sunday nap. One more reason I'm thankful for my career choice--my Sundays aren't consumed with lesson-planning. The freedom to nap is wonderful.
  • Desperate Housewives. I can't think of a better way to end the weekend than with some girlfriends, crackers, and brie (and Bree. The TV character as well as the friend she reminds me of).

Oh, and I get to sleep in tomorrow. Hallelujah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a busy and restful weekend. what a juxtaposition. ha ha

have a great vacation day...sleeping in sounds so great!